© Reuters. MoviePass lands some funding through convertible note offering
- Helios and Matheson Analytics (HMNY +21.2%) announces that it entered into a securities purchase agreement with institutional investors for the company to issue convertible notes in the principal amount of $100M to help fund MoviePass.
- The notes will be convertible at the option of the holders at a fixed conversion price of $12.06, subject to adjustment.
- The investors paid for the notes with $5M in cash up front and $95M in investor notes payable to Helios, including equal weekly payments over the next seven weeks.
- Canaccord Genuity acted as sole placement agent for the financing.
- Source: Press Release
- Now read: Jack Henry: The Fintech We Should All Be Talking About, But Don’t Buy It Now